Gold Kist Farms Chicken Cakes With Chipotle Mayonnaise
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, split (Gold Kist Farms)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Panko||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced shallot||2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle chili pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Panko||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Japanese Bread Crumbs)|
|Minced shallot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Jalapeno jelly||2 Tablespoon, melted, cooled|
|Minced fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place chicken in a single layer in a saucepan. Barely cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain, cool and finely chop (about 3 cups).
2. Combine ingredients for Chipotle Mayonnaise in a small bowl. Reserve 6 tablespoons for preparing chicken cakes. Refrigerate remainder to serve with cakes.
3. Mix chicken cake ingredients, including the reserved chicken and Chipotle Mayonnaise. Divide into twelve 1/4-cup portions (or 1-2 rounded tablespoons per cake for appetizers).
4. Place flour, egg and panko in separate shallow dishes. Lightly coat both sides of each cake with flour, egg and then panko. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.The cakes can also be frozen at this point and then thawed in the refrigerator before frying.
5. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet until very hot but not smoking. Cook cakes, without crowding, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side; drain.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3177 Calories from Fat 1971
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g337.4%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 763.2 mg254.4%
Sodium 2192.2 mg91.3%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 179 g358%
Vitamin A 68.6% Vitamin C 48.5%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 50.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet