Nutty Graham Cake
|All-purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Light butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 Large|
|Unsweetened applesauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low fat graham cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Fat-free milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Light butter||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To prepare cake, coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray, dust with 2 teaspoons flour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Beat 1/2 cup butter with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, gradually add 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar, beating well. Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add apple sauce, and beat just until blended. 4. Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour and next 5 ingredients, stir well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in pecans and orange rind. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (cake will not rise to top of pan). Cool in pan on a wire
rack 15 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
6. To prepare glaze, combine 4 teaspoons brown sugar, milk, and 2 teaspoons butter. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar, and stir until smooth.
7. Drizzle each slice with glaze.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4031 Calories from Fat 1286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.7%
Saturated Fat 69.6 g348%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 688.8 mg229.6%
Sodium 4542.2 mg189.3%
Total Carbohydrates 636 g211.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.4%
Sugars 362 g
Protein 55 g110.1%
Vitamin A 83.2% Vitamin C 241.8%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 97.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet