Bittersweet Chocolate Spice Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Large|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||5 Ounce, grated|
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices together and blend thoroughly; set aside.
2. Cream butter with extracts. Gradually add sugar, creaming thoroughly. Add eggs in fourths, beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. Beating only until blended after each addition, alternately add dry ingredients in fourths and milk in thirds to creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate until blended. Turn batter into 2 greased 9-inch round layer cake pans and spread evenly to edges.
4. Bake at 375°F 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
5. Cool about 10 minutes. Gently run a spatula around sides of pan. Cover cake with a wire rack and invert. Remove pan, turn cake right side up, and cool completely. Fill and frost with Caramel Fudge Frosting.