Pecan Fruit Cake
|Candied red cherries||1 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Golden raisins||1 Pound|
|Pecans||1 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
1. Combine cherries, raisins, pecans, and 1 cup of the flour. Blend the remaining flour with the baking powder; set aside.
2. Cream butter with lemon juice. Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. Beating only until smooth after each addition, add flour mixture in fourths to creamed mixture. Blend in the fruit mixture. Turn batter into a well-greased 10-inch tube pan and spread evenly.
4. Place a shallow pan containing water on bottom rack of oven during baking time.
5. Bake at 275°F about 4 1/2 hours, or until cake tests done. Set pan on wire rack. Remove from pan before entirely cooled. Cool completely.
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 13 g65.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 50.5 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet