Easy Vanilla Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw eggs||5 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||4 Tablespoon|
1. Bake the Cake
1.1 Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
1.2 Pour-in the cold water, canola oil, egg yolks, and vanilla extract then whisk until the texture becomes smooth. Set aside.
1.3 Transfer the egg whites in a separate mixing bowl and combine cream of tartar.
1.4 Beat the egg white and cream of tartar mixture using an electric mixer (high speed) until texture becomes fluffy.
1.5 Beat-in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar a teaspoonful at a time and continue mixing until everything is properly distributed.
1.6 At this point, you should have two mixing bowls with different mixtures. Combine the egg white mixture with the egg yolk mixture gradually by folding the egg white mixture in the egg yolk mixture (start with 1/4 of the egg white mixture followed by another 1/4 until everything is fully combined).
1.7. Grease two 9-10€³ round cake pan and pour-in the folded mixture equally.
1.8 Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake both cake pans for 33 minutes.
2. Make the Icing
2.1 Combine softened butter and shortening in a mixing bowl then cream using an electric mixer.
2.2 Beat-in the sugar 1/2 cup at a time then continue mixing until everything is properly distributed.
2.3 At this point, the mixture should be somewhat dry. Add the evaporated milk then continue mixing until texture becomes smooth. Set aside.
3. Remove the cake from the oven then allow to cool down.
4. Separate the cake from the cake pan and trim the edges using a bread knife.
5. Place one cake on a flat surface then apply the icing on top spreading it evenly until the top part is fully covered.
6. Put the other cake on top of the first one (the part with icing should be in the middle) then continue to apply icing on the whole cake.
7. Use you imagination in designing the cake. You may or may not refrigerate this before serving.
8. Serve. Share and enjoy!