Homemade Sponge Cake
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cold|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Beat egg yolks until thick and light.
3. Add milk gradually, beating until thick. Beat in sugar gradually. Add vanilla and lemon extract.
4. Sift flour with salt. Fold into egg yolk mixture in 4 different portions.
5. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
6. Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan for 1 hour or until top springs back when touched lightly.