Peach Topsy Turvy Cake
|Peaches||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F. Use 8 x 8 x 2-inch cake pan with nonstick finish if possible; otherwise, lightly grease and flour one 8-inch square pan.
2. Drain and rinse peach slices; pat dry with paper towels. Place peach slices in bottom of prepared cake pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
3. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, the water and salt in medium bowl until foamy and light in color. Using rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour.
4. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add remaining granulated sugar; beat 2 minutes longer. Using rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into flour mixture.
5. Spread mixture over peaches to cover. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold onto serving platter; cut into 2 1/4-inch squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 848 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg211.5%
Sodium 696.4 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 102 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 24.9%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet