Flourless Chocolate Cake
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||8 Ounce (High Quality, 60% Cocoa Or Higher)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Dusting)|
1. Melt 2 sticks (1 cup) butter and 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate in saucepan over low heat.
2. While butter and chocolate are melting, mix dry ingredients together - 1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
3. Add eggs to dry ingredients and whisk together. (You can add the eggs all at once.)
4. When the butter/chocolate mix has cooled enough to ensure that its heat won't scramble the eggs in you dry ingredients/egg mix, temper the butter/chocolate mix into the dry ingredients/egg mix and whisk the two together until they are completely blended.
5. Cut a piece of wax or parchment paper to fit the size of your spring-form baking pan, and lightly butter it.
6. Place it into the baking pan, buttered side up, and pour the cake mix into the pan.
7. Place into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Don’t over bake it!
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool and remove from the baking pan. Place on a serving plate.
9. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and add garnish to as desired to add color or flavor to the cake.
10. While this cake is so rich you only need a sliver, don't be surprised when your guests ask for another slice, and demand that you give them your recipe for this delectable, flourless, chocolate creation.