Blue Jeans Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas - How to Make a Cake
|Cake||1 Large (13x9 inch)|
|Frosting||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Food color||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided (1- blue+ 1/4- yellow)|
|Assorted candies||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Bake the cake in a 13x9 inch pan. Let it cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, take 2 cups of frosting and mix it with blue food color. Mix well to evenly color. Similarly in a small bowl mix ½ cup frosting and yelloew color. Set aside.
3. Using a serrated knife lice the dome off the cake. Cut off about ½ inch of the longer side of the cake.
4. Mark and triangle, with the pointed end a little above the center of the cake. Cut the triangle off the cake (It should look like a pant). Further cut the triangle in the center to make 2 equal halves lengthwise.
5. Arrange the 2 thin triangles (step 3) on the sides of the legs to look like a bell bottom pant. Use the portion of the longer side (step 2) as the belted waist of the pant.
6. Use the frosting to stick these parts to the main cake. Crumb coat the whole cake with the blue frosting and smoothen it using a paper or spatula. Place it in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
7. Once chilled remove the cake from the fridge. Put another coat of frosting and smoothen it using spatula.
8. Fill the yellow frosting into a pastry cone, cut off the tip and pipe the stitching of the pockets and legs. Use a fruit roll up to make the belt. Using the candies decorate the cake as desired. Use the frosting to stick the candies.
9. In a serving platter, serve the cake to the young fashionistas.
Calories 1072 Calories from Fat 443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.1 mg80.4%
Sodium 629 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 111.6 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.9% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet