Princess Cake - How to Make a Princess Doll Birthday Cake
|8 inch pound cake||3 Medium|
|Pound cake||1 Large (made in oven proof glass bowl)|
|Vanilla frosting||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Food color||10 Milliliter (pink)|
|Candy stars||1 Cup (16 tbs) (large and small)|
1. Bake the cakes according to the instructions. Chill it for 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Add food color to the frosting and mix ti well to get a baby pink color. Set aside.
3. Cut the dome off the 8 inch cakes and set side. Cut the large bowl cake into half rotating it as it is being cut.
4. Make small holes in the center of each cake to insert the doll later. Either use a pastry cutter or sharp serrated knife.
5. On a large plate, place the large cake base. Place thin sheets of parchment paper under the cake to avoid spoiling the plate.
6. Take a dollop of the pink frosting and spread it over the cake base. Place another cake on top. Repeat this 4 more time and finish the layering with the top part of the bowl cake.
7. Cover the whole structure with frosting. Using a paper smoothen the surface of the frosting by holding the paper in a curve and pulling it upward. Repeat this all around the cake structure (This is called crumb coating).
8. Using the spatula or knife smoothen the frosting inside the hole in the center. Place the cake structure in the freezer for around 45 minutes (at least 15 minutes).
9. Remove from the fridge and place the structure on a serving platter, so that the cake need not be disturbed. Take a good dollop of frosting and spread it around all over the cake structure.
10. Using the spatula either give patterns on the frosting or smoothen it with paper (step 7).
11. Take a fashion doll and wrap it in plastic wrap all over including the hair. Place it inside the small hole in the center of the cake. Put frosting around the hole to close it.
12. Fill a piping bag with more pink frosting. Pipe small rosettes all over the body of the doll including the straps of the dress over the shoulder (to make rosette, put the piping bag close to the body, press of a second and pull outward).
13. Using candy stars decorate the princess gown and dress as desired. Use a combination of large and small stars.
14. Make a wand and crown with paper and place it on the princess.
15. Serve the cake for the birthday party to make the day extra special for the real princess at home.
Pastry cone with decorative tips
Calories 1864 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 33.4 g167.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.6 mg119.2%
Sodium 757.3 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 284 g94.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 207.7 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.7% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet