Frosting Berry Cake
|Spice cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamy vanilla frosting mix||30 Ounce (2 Packages, 15 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||1 Drop|
|Red food coloring||1 Drop|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Decorating sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Red Colored)|
1. Grease a deep square 10-cup glass-ceramic casserole. Or use a 10-cup deep round casserole; flour lightly.
2. Prepare cake mix with eggs and water, following label directions; pour into prepared casserole.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 50 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in casserole on a wire rack 10 minutes; turn out onto rack; cool completely.
4. Prepare 1 package of the frosting mix with 1/4 cup of the butter or margarine and warm water, following label directions; frost cake.
5. Prepare remaining package of frosting mix with remaining butter or margarine and warm water, following label directions; measure out 1/2 cup and tint green with food coloring. Fit a #2 writing tip onto a cake-decorating set; fill with green frosting; press out onto sides of cake to form lattice.
6. Stir 10X sugar into remaining frosting until smooth and very stiff. Divide in half; tint one half green and the other pink with food colorings.
7. Pinch off green frosting, 1/2 tea-spoonful at a time, and shape into ovals; flatten each with palm of hand to make leaves; draw on markings with a wooden pick; let firm.
8. Pinch off pink frosting, 1 tea-spoonful at a time, and shape into strawberries; roll in red sugar on wax paper to coat well.
9. Arrange strawberries, tips up, on top of cake; tuck leaves between strawberries to cover top and look like a basket of strawberries. Serve with a ginger ale and orange juice punch and strawberries, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8172 Calories from Fat 1011
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.3%
Saturated Fat 72.9 g364.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg221.6%
Sodium 4147.1 mg172.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1760 g586.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1463.6 g
Protein 37 g74.9%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C
Calcium 103.8% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet