Cherry Party Cake
|White cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cherry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted almond slices||4|
1. Prepare white cake mix, following package directions. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 40 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Poke with a dinner fork to a depth of 1/2 inch at 1/8 -inch intervals.
3. Dissolve gelatin and ginger in boiling water in a small bowl; stir in cold water. Spoon warm gelatin evenly over cake. Chill 4 hours, or until serving time.
4. Beat cream and sugar together until stiff in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed.
5. Loosen cake around edges with a narrow spatula; invert onto wire rack, then onto rectangular serving board.
6. Frost top of cake with whipped cream and garnish with almonds.