Being a popular dessert, different recipe versions are available for Cassava Cake. This recipe is my personal favorite. Our good friend, Sharon, was kind enough to share this with us. I also got her permission to share it with you guys. I hope that you’ll like it.
2 Pound (2 Packs)
1⁄2 Can (5 oz)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted
1 Can (10 oz)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, grated
Preparing the batter:
1. Combine the grated cassava, butter, condensed milk, evaporated milk, cheese, sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Add the coconut milk in the mixing bowl where the mixed ingredients are. Mix again.
3. Grease the baking tray then pour-in the batter (ingredients that has just been mixed)
4. Pre -heat oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then put-in the baking tray with batter and bake for 1 hour.
Preparing the Topping:
5. Combine the sugar and flour and put-in the heated saucepan.
6. Pour-in the condensed milk then mix thouroughly.
7. Add the cheese while stirring constantly.
8. Pour the coconut milk and stir constantly for 10 minutes
9. Pour the topping over the Cassava Cake (baked batter) and spread evenly.
10. Separate the yolk from the egg white of the remaining egg (we’ll be needing the egg white)
11. Glaze the topping with the egg white (you may use a basting brush for this step)
12. Broil the Cassava cake until color turns light brown.
13. Garnish with grated cheese and serve. Share and enjoy!