Bubble and Squeak
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Potato||1 Medium, cooked and mashed|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Medium, shredded and lightly steamed|
1) In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon slices until crisp.
2) Using a perforated ladle remove the bacon with a slotted spoon.
3) In the same pan, saute onions until tender.
4) Stir in the potatoes and cabbage in the onion.
5) Using the back of ladle, press the potato mixture together to form a large cake.
6) Allow the first side to brown.
7) Using a spatula turn the potato mixture and brown on other side.
8) Carefully remove off the pan and place on a serving plate.
9) Serve hot with desired main course.