|Pound cake mix||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Per The Label Directions)|
|Red food color||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Per The Label Directions)|
|Green food color||3 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Per The Label Directions)|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Prepare pound cake mix with eggs and liquid, following label directions.
2. Measure 1 cupful of batter in a small bowl; tint a bright yellow with a few drops yellow food coloring. Repeat w,ith remaining batter, tinting pink and green with food coloring; pour into three greased 9x9x2-inch baking pans. (Or bake one layer; wash pan; repeat twice.)
3. Bake layers in moderate oven (350°) 15 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Loosen layers around edges with sharp knife and turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
4. Trim pake layers to square off edges. Cut each layer into 2 even strips, about 4-inches wide.
5. Combine apple jelly and creme decocoa in a small saucepan. Heat slowly until jelly melts.
6. To make cake: Place 1 green strip on cookie sheet. Spoon apple syrup over cake. Top with a yellow strip; spoon apple syrup over; then top with pink strip and more apple syrup. Repeat with 3 more strips of cake. Brush sides with syrup.
7. Combine butter or margarine, corn syrup and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Beat mixture for about 3 minutes, or until stiff enough to spread on cakes.
8. Frost cake with chocolate and sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.