Whole Wheat Apple Cake
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the nuts, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the cinnamon, wheat germ, apple slices, and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and remaining sugar very well. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine the sour cream and the milk. Stir the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture.
5. Pour half the batter into a well-buttered 9- by 5- by 3-inch glass loaf pan, spread the apple mixture over and top with remaining batter. Bake for 50 minutes, or until done.