|Superfine sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Filling)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||7 (Filling)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 1⁄2 (Filling)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Filling)|
|Egg whites||4 (Filling)|
|Superfine sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Filling)|
|Chocolate curls||1 Tablespoon (Filling)|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon (Filling)|
1. Make meringue: Grease 1 large and 1 small cookie sheet; dust with flour, tapping off excess. Using an 8-inch layer cake pan as a guide, draw two 8-inch circles on large cookie sheet and one on small one.
2. 'Beat the 3 egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed. Sprinkle in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating all the time, until sugar dissolves completely and meringue stands in firm peaks. Divide mixture in the 3 circles; spread out to edge.
3. Bake in slow oven (300°) 30 minutes, or until layers are firm and golden. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets on wire racks, then loosen meringue layers carefully with a wide spatula and slide onto racks; cool.
4. Make filling: Heat cream in top of double boiler over simmering, not boiling, water; add semisweet and unsweetened chocolates. Stir often with a wooden spoon until chocolate melts. Stir in butter or margarine. 5.. Beat egg whites until foamy-white in large bowl of mixer; gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition; continue beating until meringue is glossy and stands in firm peaks.
6. Fill bottom of double boiler partly with ice and water; set top of boiler with chocolate mixture in ice water. Beat chocolate mixture with mixer at high speed until light and fluffy and almost double in volume; scrape down side of double boiler often. Fold chocolate into meringue with a wire whip until no streaks of white or brown remain.
7. Place 1 meringue layer on serving plate; spread with about 1 1/2 cups chocolate filling; repeat with another layer and 1 1/2 cups filling. Place third layer on top. Frost side and top with remaining filling. Place CHOCOLATE curls on side and pile high on top of cake; chill. Thirty minutes before serving, remove cake from refrigerator for ease in slicing; sprinkle with 10X sugar. Cut in wedges with sharp serrated knife. Return any unused cake to refrigerator.