Spicy Banana Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||2 Cup (32 tbs), mashed|
|Whipped cream||1 Container (cheese)|
1. Beat butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in the large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended and fluffy.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg onto wax paper. Add 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice to the milk.
3. Turn mixer speed to very low; add sifted dry ingredients, alternately with: milk mixture. Stir in mashed bananas. Fill a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan with batter.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 45 minutes, or until center of cake: springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack.
5. Mash banana with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a medium-size bowl until smooth. Beat in whipped cream cheese until fluffy. Cut cake into squares in the pan