Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple slices||5|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. For topping, heat butter in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan (or in a 10-inch skillet with a heat-resistant handle); blend in brown sugar and spread evenly. Arrange pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar mixture with a cherry in the center of each. Set aside.
2. For cake batter, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
3. Cream butter with vanilla extract. Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
4. Beating only until smooth after each addition, alternately add the dry ingredients in thirds and reserved pineapple syrup in halves to the creamed mixture. Turn batter over pineapple slices and spread evenly to edges of pan.
5. Bake at 350°F about 45 minutes (about 35 minutes for skillet), or until cake tests done.
6. Remove from oven; let stand 1 to 2 minutes in pan on wire rack. Using a spatula, loosen cake from sides of pan and invert onto a serving plate. Allow pan to remain over cake 1 to 2 minutes so syrup will drain onto cake. Remove from pan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2524 Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.9%
Saturated Fat 58 g290.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg80.6%
Sodium 1828.9 mg76.2%
Total Carbohydrates 415 g138.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 255.8 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 56.5% Vitamin C 106.1%
Calcium 80.4% Iron 83.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet