Marble Loaf Cake
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Espresso glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9" by 5" loaf pan.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter or margarine just until blended. Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, sour cream, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, and eggs; beat until mixed. Increase speed to high; beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
3. Remove half of batter to medium-sized bowl. Beat cocoa into batter remaining in large bowl until blended. Alternately spoon vanilla and chocolate batters into pan. With knife, cut and twist through batters to obtain marbled effect.
4. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. With spatula, loosen cake edge from pan. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on rack.
5. When cake is cool, prepare Espresso Glaze. With spoon, drizzle glaze over top of cake in crisscross pattern. Let cake stand until glaze is set.