|Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits||10 Ounce (Two 5 Ounce Packets)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Quick thaw frozen strawberries||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Firm ripe bananas||2|
|Frozen whipped topping||4 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (1 Container)|
1. Separate biscuits, following label directions. Place in a single layer in each of two 8-inch layer cake pans; press together to fill any holes and make an even layer.
2. Mix flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter or margarine with pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over biscuit layers to coat biscuits completely.
3. Bake in very hot oven (450°) 15 minutes, or until firm and golden. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire racks. Loosen around edges with a knife; carefully remove from pans.
4. While layers bake, thaw fruits, following label directions. Peel bananas; slice; combine with strawberries, stirring lightly.
5. Stack biscuit layers, shortcake style, on a serving plate with fruit mixture between and on top. Spoon part of the whipped topping in center. Cut shortcake into wedges; serve with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with grated orange rind, if you wish.