Coffee Honey Cake
|Honey||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat honey and coffee to boiling in a medium-size saucepan. Cool completely. Stir in brandy.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg onto wax paper; add almonds, raisins and lemon rind.
3. Beat eggs slightly in the large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed; add honey mixture, sugar and oil. Beat until smooth and completely blended. Add flour mixture and beat until batter is smooth; pour batter into a greased 10-inch angel cake tube pan.
4. Bake in slow oven (300°) 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until center springs, back when lightly pressed with finger tip and top is golden.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen around edge and tube with small spatula. Turn out onto wire rack; cool completely.