Easy Noel Fruit Cake
|Apricot nut bread mix||17 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mixed candied fruits||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grease a 6-cup fluted tube pan or 8 1/2 x 3 5/8 x 25/8 incn loaf pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper. (If tube pan isn't flat on bottom, grease very well; dust with flour; tap out.
2. Combine mix with fruit, pecans and raisins in a large bowl; mix, following label directions. Turn into pan. Arrange almonds on batter.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out of pan; remove wax paper; cool completely.
5. Heat corn syrup and sherry just until bubbly in small pan; brush over cake. Decorate with candied cherries.