Easy Noel Fruit Cake
|Apricot nut bread mix||17 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mixed candied fruits||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grease a 6-cup fluted tube pan or 8 1/2 x 3 5/8 x 25/8 incn loaf pan; line bottom with wax paper; grease paper. (If tube pan isn't flat on bottom, grease very well; dust with flour; tap out.
2. Combine mix with fruit, pecans and raisins in a large bowl; mix, following label directions. Turn into pan. Arrange almonds on batter.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out of pan; remove wax paper; cool completely.
5. Heat corn syrup and sherry just until bubbly in small pan; brush over cake. Decorate with candied cherries.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4524 Calories from Fat 1398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g251.2%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2635.9 mg109.8%
Total Carbohydrates 772 g257.5%
Dietary Fiber 41.3 g165.2%
Sugars 508.5 g
Protein 61 g122.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 37.1% Iron 102.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet