|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (About 2 Lemons)|
|Lemon zest||1 , grated|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl (an electric mixer will make it easier). Add the eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest. Mix until combined.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder and add to batter. Mix until well combined. If desired, add pecans and stir by hand.
4. Place batter in loaf pan and bake about 50 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
5. While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by combining the lemon juice and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
6. When cake has finished baking, remove from oven. Pour glaze evenly over hot cake and let both cool before removing from pan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2685 Calories from Fat 995
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g177.9%
Saturated Fat 39.1 g195.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 555.2 mg185.1%
Sodium 591.2 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 242.4 g
Protein 42 g83.4%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 116.4%
Calcium 66.5% Iron 68.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet