Fruit Cake Drops
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted dates package||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Mixed candied fruits||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Candied red cherries||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Candied pineapple||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in egg and brandy.
3. Stir in flour mixture, half at a time, . blending well to make a soft dough. Stir in dates, candied fruits, almonds and nuts.
4. Drop batter, a rounded teaspoon-ful at a time, 1 inch apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 12 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets ' to wire racks with spatula; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.