Fruit Cake Drops
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pitted dates package||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Mixed candied fruits||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Candied red cherries||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Candied pineapple||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Container)|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in egg and brandy.
3. Stir in flour mixture, half at a time, . blending well to make a soft dough. Stir in dates, candied fruits, almonds and nuts.
4. Drop batter, a rounded teaspoon-ful at a time, 1 inch apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 12 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets ' to wire racks with spatula; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3769 Calories from Fat 1027
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.1%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 1172.7 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 655 g218.4%
Dietary Fiber 34.3 g137%
Sugars 487.2 g
Protein 47 g93%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 73%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet