San Antonio Pecan Cake
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Snowy White)|
1. Grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan. Dust with flour, tapping out excess.
2. Beat butter or margarine until fluffy in the large bowl of electric mixer at high speed; gradually add sugar. Beat until very light and fluffy.
3. Beat egg yolks until thick in a small bowl with a wire whip; fold into sugar mixture.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper; add to batter alternately with cream and vanilla. Mix well. Fold in pecans.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, in a medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; fold into batter. Turn into prepared pan.
6. Bake in slow oven (325°) 1 hour, 10 minutes, or until center springs back when pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan. Spoon sugar glaze over top of cake. Decorate with additional pecan halves and can died cherries, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8951 Calories from Fat 4940
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 573 g882.2%
Saturated Fat 218.3 g1091.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1871.9 mg624%
Sodium 2919 mg121.6%
Total Carbohydrates 901 g300.4%
Dietary Fiber 43.8 g175.2%
Sugars 549 g
Protein 110 g220%
Vitamin A 213.1% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 136.1% Iron 202%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet