Easy Tropical Fruit Cake
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricot halves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Whole)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unsweetened flaked coconut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried figs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Walnut halves/Pecan halves||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line an 8- by 4- by 2-inch loaf pan with waxed paper.
3. Mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add fruits and nuts and mix to coat.
4. Beat the eggs until light. Add honey and beat well. Add the vanilla. Then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Turn the batter into the prepared pan, pressing down with a spoon to pack.
6. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until done (time may vary with fruits used and degree of dryness).
7. Turn out of pan onto a wire rack and peel off the paper. Cool, then store airtight.