Layers of flour tortillas filled with a creamy mocha filling and covered in whipped cream.
Semi sweet chocolate chips
12 Ounce (1 package)
Instant espresso powder/Instant coffee powder
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Heavy whipping cream
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)
1. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips.
2. Add espresso powder and mix well till incorporated.
3. Turn off the heat and put the sour cream and fold in. Mix well till well combined.
4. On a plate, place 1 tortilla. Spread around 1/3 cup of the mocha filling right to the edges.
5. Repeat this with 8 more tortillas making layers one over the other. Finish the layering with a tortilla on the top.
6. Using an eletric mixer beat the whipped cream till stiff.
7. Add the sugar at the end and continue to beat till incorporated.
8. Spread the frosting over the entire cake. Decorate with raspberries.
9. Cover the cake with a foil and put in the refrigerator overnight.
10. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve it chill.
Be careful not to smudge the whipped cream frosting on the cake while refrigerating. Put toothpicks on the cake to keep the foil away.
A unique way of using up flour tortillas is to build up a delicious cake. Watch the video to know more about the recipe as demonstrated by Robin. All Mexican folks will be awed by how the flour tortillas are converted into a fine dessert.