Warm pound cake with a crunchy Kahlua crust and French pressed coffee. Join me in the garden with my best cooking buddy, Elizabeth.
For the cake on the grill
Pound cake slices
4 , slice (into 1/2" thick pieces)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Vanilla ice cream scoop
For the french pressed coffee
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Teaspoon, divided
2 Tablespoon, divided
FOR THE CAKE ON THE GRILL
1. Slice pound cake into 1/2" thick pieces.
2. Soak each slice with Kahlua, turning to coat.
3. Make sure the grill is clean and hot, place on grill and cook until crusted and grill marks appear, turning once.
4. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
FOR THE FRENCH PRESS COFFEE
1. Place three scoops of quality coffee in bottom of the French press.
2. Pour boiling water over, place top on with the plunger up and let steep for five minutes.
3. Slowly press the plunger down and pour coffee, adding one teaspoon brown sugar per cup.
4. Top with soft, unsweetened whipped cream.