Banana Date Nut Cake
|Whole wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Banana||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, dates, and nuts.
3. Cream the butter and honey until well blended. Beat in the egg and banana. Stir in dry ingredients.
4. Turn into an oiled and lightly floured 9-inch square pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3293 Calories from Fat 1167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.8%
Saturated Fat 63.4 g317.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 2446.3 mg101.9%
Total Carbohydrates 524 g174.8%
Dietary Fiber 50.8 g203.3%
Sugars 310.7 g
Protein 53 g105.9%
Vitamin A 65% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 80.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet