Banana Date Nut Cake
|Whole wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Banana||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, dates, and nuts.
3. Cream the butter and honey until well blended. Beat in the egg and banana. Stir in dry ingredients.
4. Turn into an oiled and lightly floured 9-inch square pan.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.