Ticktacktoe Jewel Cake
|Fruit cocktail||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch sponge cake||1 (1 Layer)|
|Frozen whipped topping||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Container)|
1. Drain syrup from fruit cocktail into a 1-cup measure.
2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a medium-size bowl; stir in 1/2 cup of the fruit syrup.
3. Chill gelatin mixture 30 minutes, or until thick as unbeaten egg white; fold in fruit cocktail. Spoon into an 8-inch layer cake pan. Chill several hours, or until firm.
4. Place a piece of plastic wrap or aluminum foil over a large flat plate. Loosen gelatin layer around edge with a knife; dip pan very quickly in and out of hot water; turn out onto wrapped plate. Split cake layer; spread each half with 1/4 cup of the whipped topping; place half, topping-side down, over gelatin layer. Cover with a serving plate; turn upside down; lift off plate and peel off wrap. Place remaining cake layer, spread-side down, over gelatin.
5. Frost side and top of cake with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving time.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1925 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.8%
Saturated Fat 46.6 g232.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.2 mg51.1%
Sodium 435.2 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 337 g112.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 266.8 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet