Apple Supper Cake
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tart apple||1 Large, pared, cored and thinly sliced|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Cut in 6 tablespoons of the butter or margarine with a pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly. Measure out 1/2 cup and set aside for topping; stir currants or raisins into remainder.
3. Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl with a fork; stir in evaporated milk. Stir into flour mixture until well blended. Spoon into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
4. Arrange apple slices, overlapping, in 2 circles on top. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup reserved crumb mixture; dot with remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine; sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 45 minutes, or until firm in center. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack; cut into wedges.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3394 Calories from Fat 1102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.8%
Saturated Fat 74.4 g371.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 747.1 mg249%
Sodium 2282.3 mg95.1%
Total Carbohydrates 516 g172.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.5%
Sugars 312.9 g
Protein 60 g120.3%
Vitamin A 79.7% Vitamin C 363.1%
Calcium 190.6% Iron 99.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet