Shadow Cream Cake
|Yellow cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vanilla pudding mix||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vanilla frosting mix||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare and bake cake mix in two 9-inch layer cake pans, then cool, following label directions. Remove from pans.
2. Prepare pudding mix, following label directions; remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate pieces until melted; chill.
3. Prepare frosting mix, following label directions.
4. Split each cake layer to make 4 thin layers. Put together with pudding filling between each; place on serving plate. Spread prepared frosting on top and side of cake.
5. Melt remaining 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces with shortening in small saucepan over hot water; drizzle from tip of teaspoon around edge of cake, letting it drip down side to make a ring of chocolate on frosting.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5308 Calories from Fat 1594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g277%
Saturated Fat 64.6 g323.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5612.8 mg233.9%
Total Carbohydrates 904 g301.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.3%
Sugars 682.7 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet