|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, sliced|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Sift the flour with the baking powder. Add the sugar and salt and cut in 4 tablespoons of the butter until the mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. Combine the eggs and milk and stir into the dry ingredients.
3. Mix well. The dough will be soft. Place in a well-buttered, or oiled, 9- or 10-inch layer pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until done.
4. Remove from the pan, split, and butter the cut sides with remaining butter. Cover the bottom half with sliced strawberries.
5. Place top half in position, cover with remaining berries, and top with whipped cream.