Quick Upside Down Cake
|Home canned peaches/Apples/pineapple/cherries||1 Quart|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or To Taste)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain the fruit, reserve liquid, and place fruit in a buttered 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan.
3. Measure 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups reserved liquid into a small saucepan. Add honey to sweeten (1/4 cup, or to taste) and stir in the 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Pour over the fruit and set pan in oven.
4. Beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and 1/2 cup honey.
5. Sift together three times the pastry flour, baking powder, and salt. Add alternately with the milk to the egg mixture. Pour over the fruit mixture and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the cake is done (fruit bubbles up all over).