|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Carob powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Non fat dry milk powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Carob powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. To prepare the cake, beat the egg yolks until very light and thick. Gradually beat in the honey. Add the vanilla and lemon rind.
3. Sift the baking powder with 1/2 cup of the flour. Combine remaining flour with the carob powder.
4. Fold the carob mixture alternately with the water into the egg yolk mixture. Stir in the baking powder mixture.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into batter. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9-inch tube pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until done. Invert the pan and cool cake in pan.
6. To prepare the frosting, cream together the butter and dry milk. Stir in the carob powder. Beat in remaining ingredients and use to frost cooled cake.