Party Ring Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease and flour one 12-inch ring cake pan; tap out excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of mixer at high speed 3 minutes.
4. Beat in flour mixture, alternately with milk, with mixer at low speed. Scrape side of bowl with rubber scraper after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto wire racks and cool completely. Spread with favorite frosting, or use to make one of the party cakes below