Coconut Ice Cream Cake
|Angel food cake mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Pint|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon (Few Drops)|
|Flaked coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Prepare and bake cake mix in a 10-inch angel cake tube pan, then cool, following label directions. Remove cake from pan; wash pan.
2. Slice cake crosswise into 3 even layers; return top layer to pan. (Set middle layer aside for another dessert or a snack time treat.)
3. Spoon ice cream in an even layer over cake in pan; top with remaining cake layer. Cover pan with aluminum foil; freeze 24 hours, or until very firm.
4. About 2 hours before serving, beat cream, 10X sugar and vanilla until stiff in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed; fold in a few drops red food coloring to tint delicate pink.
5. Unmold cake onto chilled serving plate. Frost with whipped cream; sprinkle top and side with coconut. Return to freezer until serving time.
6. Slice into wedges with a sharp long-blade knife. Wrap any remaining cake in aluminum foil and store in freezer, up to 3 months.