Old Time Nut Cake
|Cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown butter icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Grease a 9-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan; dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in the large bowl of electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes. Remove bowl from mixer.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, alternately with milk, beating after each addition with wooden spoon, until smooth.
5. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; loosen cake around tube and edge with a knife; turn out onto wire rack; cool completely.
8. Frost top and side with brown butter icing and garnish with a ring of nuts, if you wish.