Old Time Nut Cake
|Cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown butter icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Grease a 9-inch tube pan or 12-cup fluted tube pan; dust lightly with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in the large bowl of electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes. Remove bowl from mixer.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, alternately with milk, beating after each addition with wooden spoon, until smooth.
5. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; loosen cake around tube and edge with a knife; turn out onto wire rack; cool completely.
8. Frost top and side with brown butter icing and garnish with a ring of nuts, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7172 Calories from Fat 3041
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 339 g520.8%
Saturated Fat 167.3 g836.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1472.5 mg490.8%
Sodium 3956.2 mg164.8%
Total Carbohydrates 953 g317.6%
Dietary Fiber 52.8 g211.2%
Sugars 597.4 g
Protein 122 g243.6%
Vitamin A 135.4% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 165.1% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet