Apple Harvest Cake
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped pared apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnut halves||1 Tablespoon|
1. Make cake: Generously grease a 10-inch angel cake tube pan or a 12-cup fluted tube pan with butter; sprinkle with flour; tap out excess.
2. Stir flour, whole wheat flour, granulated and brown sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda until well blended with wire whip in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Add oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes; stir in apples and nuts with wire whip. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake in slow oven (325°) 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes; loosen around edge and tube with spatula; invert onto wire rack; cool completely.
5. Make glaze: Combine 10X sugar, milk and vanilla in a cup; beat with a fork until smooth.
6. Place cake on serving plate; spoon glaze over cake top and allow to flow down side; garnish with apple slices and walnut halves.