Beach Ball Cake
|Angel food cake mix||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned flaked coconut||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Yellow peppermint patty||1|
1. Prepare angel food cake mix, following label directions; pour batter into ungreased 12-cup deep oven proof mixing bowl.
2. Bake in slow oven (325°) 55 minutes, or until top is golden and a long, thin metal skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Turn cake upside down to cool, resting edge of bowl on three cans or glasses; cool.
3. Make SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING. Tint half of frosting yellow with food coloring in a small bowl; leave other half white.
4. Loosen cake around edge of bowl with a knife; turn out, rounded side up, on wire rack. Mark cake into 6 wedge-shape sections with sharp point of knife; frost sections with alternating white and yellow SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING.
5. Tint 1 1/3 cups of the coconut yellow by shaking with 1/4 teaspoon water and a few drops yellow food coloring in a jar with tight-fitting cover; sprinkle over yellow sections. Sprinkle remaining 1 1/3 cups coconut over white sections. Decorate top with peppermint patty "button" fastened with a dot of frosting.