Cape May Fish Cakes
|Instant mashed potato granules||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flounder fillets/Cod, or haddock fillet||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen Thawed)|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Prepare enough instant mashed-potato granules as label directs for 1 cup mashed potatoes (or, use 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes). Cover and refrigerate mashed potatoes 30 minutes.
2. In food processor with knife blade attached (or on cutting board with knife), finely chop fish. In medium-sized bowl, stir chopped fish, onion, salt, hot-pepper "sauce, dill weed, and mashed potatoes until well blended. With hands, shape fish mixture into four 3-inch round cakes.
3. In pie plate, with fork, beat egg. Onto waxed paper, measure bread crumbs. Dip fish cakes, one at a time, into egg, then into bread crumbs to coat.
4. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot salad oil and butter or margarine, cook fish cakes until browned on both sides and fish is done, about 8 minutes.
5. To serve, arrange fish cakes on warm platter; garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. If you like, serve with pickles.