Coconut Lemon Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon filling||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Seven Minute)|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Grease bottoms of three 9-inch layer cake pans; line pans with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat shortening with sugar until fluffy;in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in vanilla and lemon extract until well blended.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients, a third at a time, alternately with milk, stirring just until blended with a wire whip.: Pour into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly touched with fingertip.
6. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; loosen around edges with a narroiw spatula and turn out onto racks; Peel off wax paper; cool completely on wire racks.
7. Put layers together with LEMON FILLING: frost top and side with SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING. Sprinkle coconut around side and over top.