Rhubarb Cobbler Cake
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (and in 12)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Combine 1 cup of the sugar, cornstarch and cloves in a large saucepan; stir in orange juice. Heat slowly, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine and rhubarb: heat to boiling; spoon into a buttered 8-cUp baking dish.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup of the remaining sugar and salt into a large bowl; cut in remaining 16 tablespoons butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Add milk all ;at once; stir just until moist. (Dough will be soft.) Drop in 6 even mounds on top of rhubarb mixture.
4. Mix remaining sugar and orange rind in a cup; sprinkle over biscuits.
5. Bake in hot oven (425°) 25 minutes, or until topping is puffed and golden.