Coffee Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||8 (1 Cup)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium-size bowl. Make a well and
add in order: Oil, egg yolks, water and coffee; beat with wire whip until well blended and smooth.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed, until foamy-white and double in volume. Beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks.
3. Gradually pour egg yolk mixturei over beaten whites, gently folding in) with wire whip until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into ungreased 10-inch angel cake tube pan.
4. Bake in slow oven (325°) 1 hour,' 10 minutes, or until top springs back, when lightly pressed in center.
5. Invert pan, placing tube over a quart-size bottle; let cake cool completely. When cool, loosen cake around outside edge and tube and down side with a spatula. Cover pan with serving plate; turn upside down shake gently; lift off pan. DrizzleSHINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE Over top of
cake, letting it run down the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4234 Calories from Fat 1433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g248.7%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.6%
Trans Fat 5.4 g
Cholesterol 925.4 mg308.5%
Sodium 3954.3 mg164.8%
Total Carbohydrates 635 g211.7%
Dietary Fiber 36.2 g144.6%
Sugars 333.5 g
Protein 87 g174.4%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 148.9% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet