|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 8-inch round cake pan. In medium-sized bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; quickly stir just until mixture forms soft dough and leaves side of bowl.
2. On lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Pat dough evenly into cake pan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
3. Wash strawberries. Reserve 4 whole strawberries for garnish; hull and halve or quarter remaining strawberries. In medium-sized bowl, mix cut-up strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar until sugar dissolves (do not let strawberries stand too long or they will become very liquid).
4. Invert shortcake on work surface. With long serrated knife, carefully split hot shortcake horizontally. Spread both cut surfaces of short cake with butter or margarine.
5. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
6. Place bottom half of shortcake, cut side up, on dessert platter; top with half of strawberry mixture. Arrange top cake half, cut side down, on strawberry mixture. Spoon remaining strawberry mixture over top of cake. Then pile whipped cream on top of strawberries. Garnish cream with reserved whole strawberries.