Harvest Spice Cake
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter rum frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine until softened in the large bowl of an electric mixer at high speed; gradually add brown sugar and continue beating until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and creamy; turn mixer to lowest speed.
3. Combine milk, apple cider and vanilla in a 2-cup measure.
4. Stir in flour mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour, until batter is smooth. Pour batter into three 8-inch greased and floured layer cake pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Loosen layers around edges with a small spatula; invert onto racks; cool completely.
6. Put layers together with part of the butter rum frosting on serving plate. Frost side and top of cake. Garnish with walnuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5554 Calories from Fat 1896
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 220 g338.1%
Saturated Fat 120.5 g602.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1090.4 mg363.5%
Sodium 4518.3 mg188.3%
Total Carbohydrates 826 g275.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.2%
Sugars 524.1 g
Protein 70 g139.8%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 183.1% Iron 144.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet