Orange Apple Cake
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Grated pared apples||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange cream frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Grease bottoms of three 8-inch layer cake pans.
2. Measure flour, pumpkin pie spice] baking powder, soda and salt into sifter.
3. Beat shortening with sugar until fluffy in the large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until fluffy again, then stir in apples and vanilla.
4. Sift in flour mixture, adding alter nately with milk, and stirring just until blended; fold in raisins and walnuts Pour into prepared pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip Cool layers in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto racks. Cool layers completely on wire racks.
6. Put layers together with orange cream frosting; then frost side:, making deep swirls.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5927 Calories from Fat 2097
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g362.5%
Saturated Fat 50 g249.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 645.7 mg215.2%
Sodium 4170.9 mg173.8%
Total Carbohydrates 911 g303.8%
Dietary Fiber 36.3 g145%
Sugars 593.8 g
Protein 81 g162.1%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 86.8% Iron 150.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet