Fabulous Fudge Cake
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease bottoms of three 9-inch layer cake pans; line pans with wax paper grease paper.
2. Melt chocolate in small saucepan over very low heat.
3. Sift cake flour, baking soda and salt onto wax paper.
4. Beat butter or margarine in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed; gradually add sugar; beat until mixture is fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat until thick. Stir in vanilla and chocolate with spoon or mixer at low speed.
6. Add sifted dry ingredients, a third at a time, alternately with buttermilk, stirring with mixer at low speed just until blended; stir in boiling water. Pour into pans.
7. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 25 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
8. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto racks; remove wax paper; cool completely. Put layers together and frost.