Apple Butter Coffee Cake
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Two 1/4 Ounce Envelopes)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water.
2. Heat milk, sugar, salt and butter until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Add yeast.
4. Place the flour blended with rind in a large mixing bowl; form a well in the centre.
5. Add the yeast €” milk mixture and the eggs.
6. Stir until blended and smooth.
7. Pour into a buttered 9 x 12 greased pan, spreading dough evenly.
8. Let rise until double (45 minutes)
9. Place sliced peeled apples over top of dough.
10. Cover apples with butter topping.